Tuesday, August 07, SBF commenced the Saving One Million Lives Program for Results [SOML PforR] sensitization and advocacy in Ilejemeje LGA. Our team met with the community stakeholders to boost the effort of mobilizing people for the advocacy project.
The SOML PforR initiated to reduce child and maternal mortality in the
country and to save an estimated 900,000 women and children that die each year from preventable causes.
Six Pillars of SOML
1. Improving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health – MNCH
2. Immunization & Polio Eradication
3. Mother-To-Child Transmission Of HIV
4. Improving Access to Essential Medicines and Commodities
5. Prevention of Malaria
6. Improving Child Nutrition
In attendance were 37 participants including the Chairmen of Social Mobilization Committee (SMC) in the 10 wards of Ilejemeje LGA, Town Announcers, and Community Vanguards and others.